What to bring when you apply
Opening a Personal Foreign Currency Current Account with Barclays is straightforward. You simply need to visit your nearest branch and provide us with the following documents(1).
- A valid identification document such as Passport or National Identity Card
- A documentary proof of address (not more than three months old) such as a utility bill(2)(3)
- Barclays reserves the right to accept or decline any application based on internal policy. Additional documentation may be requested by Barclays as deemed necessary.
- If you do not receive any bills in your name, you may bring along the bill of the owner of your residence along with proof of relationship.
- Other documentary proof may be acceptable. Please consult our Personal Bankers for more information.
You may complete the application form beforehand and bring it along to the branch on your visit. This will greatly speed along the process.